Baron Haden-Guest, of Saling in the County of Essex, is a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. It was created on 2 February 1950 for the Labour Party politician Leslie Haden-Guest. He had previously represented Southwark North and Islington North in the House of Commons. His fourth son, the fourth Baron (who succeeded his half-brother in 1987, who in his turn had succeeded his brother in 1974), was a United Nations official for many years.
The title is held by his son Christopher Guest, the fifth Baron, who succeeded him in 1996. Christopher Guest is a film director, writer, actor and musician, married to the actress Jamie Lee Curtis, who is therefore the current Lady Haden-Guest.
Barons Haden-Guest (1950)
- Leslie Haden-Guest, 1st Baron Haden-Guest (1877–1960)
- Stephen Haden Haden-Guest, 2nd Baron Haden-Guest (1902–1974)
- Richard Haden Haden-Guest, 3rd Baron Haden-Guest (1904–1987)
- Peter Albert Michael Haden-Guest, 4th Baron Haden-Guest (1913–1996)
- Christopher Haden-Guest, 5th Baron Haden-Guest (born 1948)
Anthony Haden-Guest, the current baron's older half-brother, was born out of wedlock, and hence is not in the line of succession. As the current baron's children, Annie Haden-Guest and Ruby Haden-Guest, are adopted (and thus likewise not in the line of succession), the heir presumptive is the present holder's brother, The Hon. Nicholas Haden-Guest (born 1951). As Nicholas Guest has two daughters, but no male children, there are no more heirs to the barony.
Male-line family tree
|Male-line family tree, Barons Haden-Guest|
Coat of arms
CREST: A caladrius displayed sable, beaked, legged and charged on the breast with a sun in splendour or.
SUPPORTERS: Dexter, a leopard Sable semée of roundels Or and grasping in the interior paw a quill Or; Sinister, a leopard Or semée of roundels Sable and grasping in the interior paw a quill Sable.
MOTTO: Non nobis solum nati sumus (Not for ourselves alone do we come into the world).
- Morris, Susan, ed. (2019). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage. New York: St Martin's Press. p. 2604. ISBN 9781999767051.
- "No. 38830". The London Gazette. 3 February 1950. p. 594.
- Rowlands, Penelope (25 September 2016). "Tour Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest's House in Los Angeles". Architectural Digest. Archived from the original on 14 October 2018. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Jamie Lee Curtis Is Actually A Baroness—With A Really Hefty Net Worth". Yahoo! News. Archived from the original on 13 October 2022. Retrieved 13 October 2022.