|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
This category covers articles on the subject of hip hop, which is a cultural movement which developed in New York City in the 1970s primarily among African Americans and Latino Americans. Hip hop's four main elements are Mc'ing (often called rapping), DJing, graffiti writing, and breakdancing. Other elements include beatboxing, hip hop fashion, and slang. Since first emerging in the Bronx, the lifestyle of hip hop culture has spread around the world.
This category has the following 26 subcategories, out of 26 total.
- Hip hop people (6 C, 10 P)
- Criticism of hip-hop (12 P)
- Hip hop genres (11 C, 60 P)
- LGBT hip hop (1 C, 4 P)
- Hip hop mass media (7 C, 2 P)
- Rap operas (35 P)
- Hip hop production (5 C, 29 P)
- Quotations from hip hop music (29 P)
- Hip hop record labels (6 C, 329 P)
- Hip hop terminology (1 C, 10 P)
- Hip hop stubs (4 C, 78 P)
- Hip hop navigational boxes (2 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Hip hop"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.